Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Drawing Backlog

Summer is a busy time. I am preparing for two solo shows and am showing in one group show (see previous post). I am working in my studio 2 or 3 days per week and working part time to finance my artistic independance. I also hike, kayak and camp in the summer. This summer I took on re-painting 3 rooms in my apartment. Photographing and posting my work has taken a bit of a back seat but the following drawings bring me up to date with posting except for last weeks drawings.


The strain of quiet subversion
Mixed Media on Mylar, 24 x 18"



The strain of quiet subversion (detail)
Mixed Media on Mylar, 24 x 18"




Unerring savant draws blood

graphite and ink on paper, 11 x 81/2"



It's all a bit much
Mixed Media on Mylar, 24 x 18"



It's all a bit much (detail)
Mixed Media on Mylar, 24 x 18"



Occasional slip into romanticism
graphite and ink on paper, 11 x 81/2 "



Tread softly
graphite and ink on paper, 11 x 81/2 "



The weight of indecision
Graphite and ink on paper, 11 x 81/2"



Constructive criticism
Graphite and ink on paper, 11 x 81/2"

No comments: